For some drivers, it can feel like an eternity until they snap a NASCAR winless streak. For other drivers, they are just looking for their first career NASCAR Cup Series victory.
Snapping a NASCAR winless streak can be tough. Just ask Michael Waltrip, who went 462 races before claiming his first career victory in the Daytona 500.
In present time, Michael McDowell has the honor Michael Waltrip once had for the most number of races before earning a win. On the other side, Paul Menard has won a NASCAR Cup Series race but hasn’t found victory lane since and currently holds the longest active streak between wins.
In 2018, Clint Bowyer removed himself from the list after he snapped a 190-race winless streak between wins at Martinsville.
This page separates the active NASCAR Cup Series drivers who are in current winless streaks and the active drivers who have never scored a win in the Cup Series.
Longest active winless streak
Here is a top-ten list of active full-time drivers who have a NASCAR winless streak. Updated for the start of the 2019 season.
1. Paul Menard, Wood Brothers Racing (268 races – 2011 Indianapolis)
2. David Ragan, Front Row Motorsports (206 races – 2013 Talladega)
3. Chris Buescher, JTG-Daugherty Racing (87 races – 2016 Pocono)
4. Kurt Busch, Chip Ganassi Racing (71 races – 2017 Daytona)
5. Ryan Newman, Roush Fenway Racing (68 races – 2017 Phoenix)
6. Jimmie Johnson, Hendrick Motorsports (59 races – 2017 Dover)
7. Ricky Stenhouse Jr., Roush Fenway Racing (55 races – 2017 Daytona)
8. Kyle Larson, Chip Ganassi Racing (46 races – 2017 Richmond)
9. Austin Dillon, Richard Childress Racing (35 races – 2018 Daytona)
10. Clint Bowyer, Stewart-Haas Racing (21 races – 2018 Michigan)
Drivers searching for their first career Cup Series win
Here is a list of active full-time drivers who have not won a NASCAR Cup Series race. Updated for the start of the 2019 season and doesn’t include 2019 rookies)
1. Michael McDowell, Front Row Motorsports (285 races since 2008)
2. Matt DiBenedetto, Leavine Family Racing Racing (140 races since 2015)
3. Alex Bowman, Hendrick Motorsports (107 races since 2014)
4. Ty Dillon, Germain Racing (90 races since 2014)
5. Daniel Suarez, Stewart-Haas Racing (72 races since 2017)
6. Darrell Wallace Jr., Richard Petty Motorsports (40 races since 2017)
7. William Byron, Hendrick Motorsports (36 races since 2018)
Follow Matt on Twitter @mattlovisa.