For some drivers, it can feel like an eternity until they snap a NASCAR winless streak. For other drivers, they are just looking for their first career NASCAR Cup Series victory.
Snapping a NASCAR winless streak can be tough. Just ask Michael Waltrip, who went 462 races before claiming his first career victory in the Daytona 500.
In present time, Michael McDowell has the honor Michael Waltrip once had for the most number of races before earning a win. On the other side, Paul Menard has won a NASCAR Cup Series race but hasn’t found victory lane since and currently holds the longest active winless streak.
This page separates the active NASCAR Cup Series drivers who are in current winless streaks and the active drivers who have never scored a win in the Cup Series.
Longest active winless streak
Here is a top-ten list of active full-time drivers who have a NASCAR winless streak.
1. Paul Menard, Wood Brothers Racing (232 races – 2011 Indianapolis)
2. Clint Bowyer, Stewart-Haas Racing (184 races – 2012 Richmond)
3. David Ragan, Front Row Motorsports (170 races – 2013 Talladega)
4. Trevor Bayne, Roush Fenway Racing (164 races – 2011 Daytona)
5. Jamie McMurray, Chip Ganassi Racing (148 races –2013 Talladega)
6. A.J. Allmendinger, JTG-Daugherty Racing (122 races – 2014 Watkins Glen)
7. Aric Almirola, Stewart-Haas Racing (119 races – 2014 Daytona)
8. Chris Buescher, JTG-Daugherty Racing (51 races – 2016 Pocono)
9. Kurt Busch, Stewart-Haas Racing (38 races – 2017 Daytona)
10. Ryan Newman, Richard Childress Racing (35 races – 2017 Phoenix)
Drivers searching for their first career Cup Series win
Here is a list of active full-time drivers who have not won a NASCAR Cup Series race.
1. Michael McDowell, Front Row Motorsports (252 races since 2008)
2. Matt DiBenedetto, Go FAS Racing (107 races since 2015)
3. Alex Bowman, Hendrick Motorsports (84 races since 2014)
4. Chase Elliott, Hendrick Motorsports (80 races since 2016)
5. Jeffrey Earnhardt, StarCom Racing (61 races since 2015)
6. Ty Dillon, Germain Racing (57 races since 2014)
7. Erik Jones, Joe Gibbs Racing (42 races since 2016)
8. Daniel Suarez, Joe Gibbs Racing (39 races since 2017)
9. Gray Gaulding, BK Racing (32 races since 2016)
10. Darrell Wallace Jr., Richard Petty Motorsports (7 races since 2017)
11. William Byron, Hendrick Motorsports (3 races since 2018)
Follow Matt on Twitter @mattlovisa.